Information Technology (IT) is an integral part of modern life and therefore we must equip our children to use these tools effectively and safety. We believe that it is important our children to have the confidence and ability to use these tools to prepare them for an ever-changing and rapidly developing world.
Through the teaching of computing and use of technology, our children will:
- Develop their IT capability; they will become confident in using a range of technologies to communicate to others
- Become responsible digital citizens
- Develop an understanding of how computers work and how they are designed and programmed. Through this they will gain an understanding of computational systems of all kinds, whether or not they include computers.
- Develop their ability to apply IT skills as a tool to support learning wherever possible in all other areas of the curriculum
- Grow positive attitudes towards using IT including confidence and enjoyment.